As a church, we exist to glorify God and exalt Jesus by reaching up through worship and prayer, reaching in through discipleship and fellowship, and reaching out through evangelism and ministry. That means as an individual that my life will be marked by taking the next step of faithfulness and growth in these areas.
Acts 2:42-47 (ESV)
42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. 43 And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. 44 And all who believed were together and had all things in common. 45 And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. 46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.
In our Worship through: Worship (vs. 46-47a)
- Active learning when the Bible is being preached.
- Passionate participation in corporate singing.
- Cheerful and sacrificial giving to support the ministries and mission of the church.
In our Warfare through: Prayer (vs.42)
- Consistent intercession for the needs of fellow believers as well as the lost in our community and around the world.
- Heartfelt praise and thanksgiving to God.
In our Walk through: Discipleship (vs.42)
- Significant engagement in a small group.
- Learning to read, study, and obey the Bible.
- Identifying my spiritual gifts and using them to strengthen the church.
In our Welcome through: Fellowship (vs. 42, 46)
- Developing meaningful relationships and partnering together to care for and love others within my church.
In our Witness through: Evangelism (vs.47)
- Growing in compassion for those who do not know Christ.
- Cultivating relationships with the lost and intentionally seeking opportunities to verbally share the gospel.
In our Work through: Ministry (vs. 43-45)
- Caring for and participating in meeting the tangible needs of those in my community and around the world.
Our Core Values :
- God Exists and has revealed Himself to us.
There is one God, eternally existent in three persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) and has revealed Himself in the Bible.
- The Bible is God’s Word.
The Bible was divinely given through human authors who were inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living.
- People are God’s treasure.
People are made in the image of God and are the supreme object of God’s creation. But we have lost our relationship with our Creator due to disobedience; something the Bible calls “sin.”
- Salvation is a gift from God to man.
Salvation comes only through a faith relationship with Jesus Christ, the Savior, when a person repents of sin and receives Christ’s forgiveness and eternal life.
- Jesus is God and Savior.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; in His virgin birth, in His sinless life; in His miracles; and in His atoning death through His blood shed on the cross; in His bodily resurrection; in His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and in His personal return in power and glory.
- The Church is God’s plan for making disciples.
The Holy Spirit places all people who put their faith in Christ into one united spiritual body, the Church, of which Christ is the head. The purpose of the Church is to glorify God.
- The future is in God’s hands.
God promised that Jesus Christ would return personally and visibly in glory to the earth to resurrect and judge the saved and unsaved.